Choosing an Estate Sale Company
Seven Steps to Choosing the Best Estate Sale Company for Your Situation
There are many factors that contribute to a successful estate sale. One of the most important is the company you hire to promote and handle your sale. Here are a few tips to help you select the best estate sale company:
- Do Your Homework Before you even start looking for an estate sales company, take some time to learn more about what an estate sale is and how it works. You can read all about estate sales on our blog. If you have more questions, we are just a click away.
- Look Online The internet is a great place to find out about estate sale companies in your area. Visiting Estate Sale Company websites will give you an idea of the types of services they offer and the fees they charge.
- Ask Plenty of Questions Before meeting with any estate sale company, think about all the questions you want to ask and write them down. Having all your questions in writing ensures you will remember any concerns or issues you want to discuss, and if you are comparing more than one company, having a list of questions lets you compare each company fairly and effectively.
- Setup a Consultation Estate sale companies can answer many questions over the phone or via email, but to get a complete picture of the company, what they do and the services they offer, you should meet in person. During the meeting, the company representative will need to view the items you want to sell in order to give you a clearer picture of what you can expect, including any fees that may be associated with your sale. You can also get a good idea of how professional the company is during your meeting.
- Ask for References Established, successful companies should be able to provide you with at least a few references so you can learn what other customers’ experiences have been like. Follow up by going online to look for additional reviews.
- Visit a Sale If you are really interested in seeing how an estate sale company stacks up, visit one of their events and watch them in action. Check our Estate Sale Locator for a list of current sales hosted by Attics to Basements.
- Make Sure You Have a Contract – and read it carefully before signing. A contract spells out everyone’s obligations clearly so there are no misunderstandings, including the sale dates and times, the costs associated with the sale and other critical issues. Make sure you both have a copy of the contract once it is signed, and do not hire a company that wants to hold your sale without a signed contract.
Follow these tips and you can enjoy a hassle-free estate sale from start to finish.
Contact an Estate Sale Specialist
Let Us Plan Your Estate Sale
Last Modified: 30-Dec-2019 02:27:45 — Last Rendered: 28-Jan-2020 11:53:42