When the client is ready to proceed, we enter into an estate sale contract where we agree in writing on the goals, activities, and responsibilities of each party. We use the information collected to create a planning document for the sale.
At this time, we have a detailed discussion with the client of the factors necessary to create a good outcome. Topics include:
We endeavor to clarify the specific goals of our client and evaluate the alternatives available to achieve and surpass expectations.
We address the timing and staffing requirements necessary to achieve the goals. At this time we determine the resources needed to stage, price, and sell the merchandise
Advertising is key to selling the items in the house. We have a standardized, proven advertising system that works. Sometimes, there are special marketing needs for unique or rare items.
- Client Responsibilities
There are a few tasks we need the client to manage:
- Determine which items to keep and which to sell.
- Remove or hide items that are not for sale.
- Add items from storage and/or other family members if desired.
- Ensure facilities (electricity, A/C or Heat, restrooms, running water) are connected.
- Obtain municipal permit (if required).
- Notify HOA and/or neighborhood watch (if applicable).
Special requirements and activities that are unique to the sale are noted and recorded to ensure our mutual success.
Contact an Estate Sale Specialist
Let Us Plan Your Estate Sale
Last Modified: 16-Apr-2020 19:04:40 — Last Rendered: 23-Jan-2021 12:19:42